At Music Vine, we are committed to providing a transparent service that our users can trust and depend on. Respecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is secure are our highest priorities.
We may update this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
If you have any questions about this policy or our privacy practices, you can contact us.
Who are we?
We’re Music Vine Limited, a UK-based music licensing company (09234137) dedicated to making it easy to discover and license exceptional music for use in film, video and other media. Our registered address is Studio 14, 30-34 Aire Street, LS14HT, Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom. We work with and represent a growing community of musicians around the world.
Our cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Essential website functionality – These cookies are necessary to enable to you to access and use our website as you have requested. For example, if you have logged-in, these cookies enable our website to recognise that you are logged-in as you navigate from page-to-page.
- Recording analytical data – These cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyse how our website is used and how it is performing. For example, these cookies track the length of time you have spent on our website, the specific pages you have visited and the locations of our visitors. We typically use Google Analytics cookies for this purpose.
- Targeting or advertising – These cookies are generated by third parties such as Facebook and Google and are used by those third parties to collect data about your activities on our website in order to provide you with relevant advertising when you visit other websites. Such third parties have their own privacy policies.
You can remove previously stored cookies at any time by manually deleting them from your browser. Please refer to the help section of your browser to learn more about how to do this.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain your personal data in the following ways:
- When you provide us with your information – for example, when you create an account with Music Vine, purchase a music license from us, sign-up as an artist or edit your Music Vine account details, we collect certain personal data to enable you to access and use our website, and so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Through your use of our website – when you use our website, we collect data about your use of our website, such as the songs you have played and the playlists you have created.
- When you contact us – we receive certain personal data when you contact us either directly via email or via a contact or enquiry form on our website.
- From other sources – from time to time we may receive your data from other sources, for example we may work with a partner to run a promotion involving signing up to our mailing list. These sources may collect and share your data with us, with your explicit consent to do so.
What type of information is collected from you?
We collect the following types of data from you:
- Account Details – This is the personal data that you provide in order to create and update your account with Music Vine. This includes your email address and account password;
- Website Usage Data – This data is collected automatically when you use our website. This may include information about your interactions with our website such as the songs you have listened to, playlists you create and the pages you have visited. This also includes Technical Data such as cookie data, your IP address, the types of device and browser you are using and your computer’s operating system;
- Order Data – When you purchase a music license from Music Vine, we collect personal data that you provide to us including your name, billing address and your organisation’s VAT no;
- Contests and Surveys Data – This personal data is collected when you chose to sign-up and participate in these types of promotions;
- Marketing Data – This personal data is collected when you sign-up to receive marketing material from us, when you interact with marketing material that we send to you or directly from a third party, with your explicit consent for us to receive and use it.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Carry out our obligation arising from any contracts entered into by you and us, and to provide you with information or products you’ve requested from us;
- Process orders you have placed and refunds you are due;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Personalize your experience on our website;
- Understand how our users collectively use our website.
- Notify you of updates to an artist or collection where you have requested notifications by using the ‘Follow’ feature;
- Seek your feedback on our website and customer service;
- Send you communications that you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about promotions, new music and updates to our website;
- Improve our website – feedback you provide may be used to improve our products and services;
- Send periodic emails;
- Process a job application;
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We use third-party service providers to enable us to operate some of our business activities, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. Where you have given us permission to do so, we may share your information with these third parties for only those limited purposes that you have agreed to.
Payment Gateways. When you make a payment on Music Vine, receive a refund or receive a payment from us, Music Vine does not process any of the payment information. We use the payment gateways PayPal and Stripe to process this information and you provide the information directly to these payment gateways who process that payment securely. PayPal and Stripe have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you read these to learn how your personal information will be handled and secured by them.
In the event that our business is restructured or sold to a third party, we may transfer your personal data to that party for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by us, and under the terms of this policy.
Where do we store your personal data?
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are managed by us and provided by Amazon.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal information for as long as you have your account with Music Vine. You have the right to request that your information be deleted (See “Your Rights” section below)
How do we protect your data?
We take extensive measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss or alteration, such as encrypting data and carrying out regular back-ups. Any data exchange between you and our website is processed via an SSL-secured channel, which is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
You have the following rights under GDPR law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal information;
- The right to request access to your information to be sure we’re using it legally;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is made accurate;
- The right to request that we delete or remove your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to refuse certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right to opt out of a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address below. (See the “Contact” section below)
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you may reach out to as at the address below. (See the “Contact” section below)
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce credit risk and fraud.
Links to other websites
Our website may include links to other websites run by other companies or individuals. This policy applies only to the Music Vine website, so we recommend that you read the privacy policies of other websites you visit. Music Vine is not responsible for the practices and policies of other sites that you may access via our website.
16 or under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ensure that you have your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review and may make updates to it from time to time, so please check this page frequently to ensure you are happy with any changes.
By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use our the website after changes have been made to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this policy or the practices or our company, these should be addressed to Lewis Foster at email@example.com or write to us at:
30-34 Aire Street
This policy was last updated on 24 May 2018.